“Our goal is and will be to continue to provide the best service in the industry, putting the community first with all of our decisions.” –Kyle, WA Co-Owner
In this Review I will make a rundown of the Wealthy Affiliate online training platform, why I find it so awesome, and in my opinion, why it rivals all others.
Wealthy Affiliate is an online business training platform designed to provide all the tools, training classrooms & modules and support anyone aspiring to build a business would ever need. The platform’s environment is clean, friendly and very helpful. All members are encouraged to help one another thus making the community so unique as it is today. A screenshot of the Wealthy Affiliate Platform is shown to the right.
If you are willing to learn and can bring your own desire to keep at it, Wealthy Affiliate is for you!
Pros & Cons
As I personally see Wealthy Affiliate, I will provide some pros & cons.
- Regular updates and new services added. Existing services constantly improved.
- Owners actively helping all members. You don’t get this in other programs.
- Weekly Live Class with highly successful host, two major courses, vast tutorials.
- Highly developed Classroom system, which is a categorized approach to finding the tutorials and blogs that match a topic you’re looking for.
- On-board search engine to help you find resources you are looking for. You can also use it to find members you’re looking for
- Quick access to the community when you get stuck and have questions that need quick answers! Usually within five minutes, someone has responded.
- Well-formed social networking platform intended for discussion about online business and WA experience. The platform includes a chat engine as well.
- There are no upsells of any kind. It’s all there upon subscribing.
- Yearly rate still represents 2005 pricing as it was then at its monthly rate of $29/mo.
- WA offers a Starter Membership that exceeds the value of many paid programs. Seeing is believing!
- Free Website Hosting offered at WA to all members, Starter or Premium. You also get on-board domain search and domain registration services!
- Writing Tool for composing articles, Site Health, (indicates where your website needs work,) Comment & Content Tools, Site Management, Free SSL, etc.
- Free websites (2 for Starter Members, 50 for Premium) No compulsory adverts pre-loaded! You control every aspect of what goes on your websites
- The learning environment is family-friendly. No coarse language or explicit stuff here! This type of behaviour is not tolerated.
- Joining very easy and forthcoming. No pressure to join Premium. Stay a Starter Member as long as you like, though some functionality lasts 7 days.
- The interface is very easy to follow, not cluttered, and is very well organized
- The updated platform lacks the planner/goal-setting application I liked in the old format.
- The ranking system (indicates community involvement) can, and does get misused. Some unscrupulous members “game” this system, but this takes work.
- The blogging platform is supposed to be used for business-related content – not always done. Get the most out of WA by posting on-topic content.
- WA is so large, it is sometimes easy for new members to get lost. If this happens to you, just stop and ask. Someone will gladly show you the way.
Who Is It For?
Wealthy Affiliate is essentially for anyone who desires to learn how to build and maintain an online business. It’s for the novice, intermediate & seasoned alike. Since there are so many reasons to join Wealthy Affiliate, there’s no way I could list them all. However just to give you an idea who uses this Platform:
- People who hate their jobs/employment
- People who like their jobs/employment
- Retired folks
- Folks on redundancy/disability
- Folks who own their own business(es)
- Folks who desire to work at home
- Home-makers/mothers, fathers taking care of family
- People needing supplemental income
- Professionals (lawyers, doctors, engineers, etc)
- Students in colleges & universities
- Government workers
- Business managers
- High school students (who are of legal age)
- Online marketers
- Local businesses
- Folks from anywhere in the world, preferably English, and permitted by law
Who It Is NOT For
If you are, or do any of the following, you will most likely waste your time in this community, alas, these things are discouraged and even outright forbidden inside. For those who resort to doing the following things, this list is for you.
I have included the basic four “nasties” that you should avoid when joining up with Wealthy Affiliate. It is my sincere hopes that you don’t find yourself in these categories. They are:
- Laggers If you come into the community and don’t put in any effort, Wealthy Affiliate won’t do you any good. The purpose of the community and the training resources in here are for your learning and benefit. A few folks come in here from time-to-time, looking for that magic button or silver bullet. There’s no such thing. Come in to have fun, but to be ready for some hard work. It’s the only way you will succeed. Sadly, many folks come join and then never do the Courses, lessons nor start any campaigns.
- Gamers A few folks resort to “gaming the system.” WA has an onboard ranking system in place and its affiliate program as well. Some folks have figured out how to game these systems, albeit these issues have been resolved. If you wish to come in and do these things, it won’t work because there are a LOT of members in here with eyes of a hawk, who love this membership! Gaming the system will get you banned from Wealthy Affiliate real quick. Worse than this, you probably won’t be putting the emphasis where it really needs to be – building out your business.
- Black Hat Marketing Short and sweet – Unethical marketing strategies are not found nor are taught at Wealthy Affiliate. It is strictly prohibited. Everything you compose must be original and no affiliate links are to be placed anywhere in the discussion areas. Wealthy Affiliate is all about what works and is clean, honest, ethical marketing! When members are found doing this, depending on the severity, it results in some coaching, and if that doesn’t work, are shown the door.
- Solicitation Once in a while, a new person comes in and immediately puts up advertising, affiliate links, soliciting to members. Some of these even violate the interests of the Program. Wealthy Affiliate is a place to learn how to market on the Internet, albeit, not a place to sell to members. It may cause you to lose your posting privilege if, after being coached, you continue to do it. Do not solicit affiliate links nor any other propositions involving the selling to other members on the plaform. This is inappropriate.
Training & Module Overview
Wealthy Affiliate uses the following methods of training delivery. They come in textual and video media. These modules are often interlinked with each other as needed for emphasis and enhancement.
The Entrepreneur Certification Training
Lesson 3 covers niches, what they are, finding the right one and implementing it.
This is where everybody starts when they come into Wealthy Affiliate. This is Level 1 and it covers the overview of the Program and guides members through the creation of the core of their websites. Starter members can easily get a business up and running with the resources here. You two free websites, free hosting and limited usage of the tools available. There’s lots here and is designed for the entrepreneur in mind.
Make Your First $50 Online!
This short Course has the newcomer in mind. This will help get his/her feet wet and shows all the nuts and bolts to pulling an income from proven methods of online marketing and business practices. This Course is often referred to by members and from other Training Modules and Courses.
WA Boot Camp
The Wealthy Affiliate Boot Camp Course is designed to give members a structured approach to building a themed authority website for the use of Wealthy Affiliate’s Affiliate Program. The site you are now on has been built completely from the Boot Camp training. In this task-oriented Course, you will create a Wealthy Affiliate campaign – an invaluable educational resource which offers an opportunity to integrate with WA’s Super Affiliate Program. The acquired knowledge from this Course empowers you to be able to create an authority website in any niche you want!
There were are so many modules available, it became necessary to group these up in to various “classroom” settings. Each classroom comes with a discussion area, much like a forum, tutorials, videos and courses. Only the best resources are included in each Classroom. All members are encouraged to bring their questions to the Classrooms for more indepth discussion. When the Classrooms were developed, this greatly simplified the way folks in the Membership access the training materials.
Video Training (Weekly Webinars)
A couple examples of selections featured in the huge list of Live Training Webinars
Hosted by Jay (Magistudios,) this is a weekly, over-the-shoulder video presentation held live every Friday evening. In these presentations, Jay outlines the week’s chosen topic, be it search engine strategies, basic campaign construction, or simply instruction on how to use Wealthy Affiliate resources! Due to sheer interest, these interactive webinars usually run over allotted time and are customarily followed by members conducting related Google Hang-outs.
Other Training Options
Finally, other helpful resources include hosting, free websites (Site Rubix,) Rapid Writer (online article builder,) Wealthy Affiliate’s search tool, just to mention a few! The entrepreneur mindset is often discussed throughout the training.
Yet another thing that sets Wealthy Affiliate apart from other training programs is that the founders NEVER hide behind the team and staff working in the background. Since Day One, both Kyle & Carson have been right out there with the members. You will not find time-consuming ticket-based help-desk support in Wealthy Affiliate. It’s one of the training platform’s notable uniqueness.
That’s dedication and absolute care for the members and is extremely rare to find in other membership-based training programs! Your personal and business successes are extremely important and each person is served, one person at a time, yet in a timely fashion. You have first-hand support by none others – the founding members, highly successful members and those who are learning still. Support is encouraged between members and questions asked normally get answered immediately under most circumstances.
Support can be had via the Live Chat, through the blogs found in each member’s profile area, in the training modules and in the Classrooms! Wherever there are people, there’s support!
What to Expect at Wealthy Affiliate
Upon arrival, new members often ask, “What do I do?” “How do I make money with WA?” Wealthy Affiliate is strictly an online business training platform. This is NOT a “business-in-a-box” scheme so typical of many other “training” programs. Important! Instead, You will create an online campaign going through the Entrepreneur Certification Course, the Boot Camp and Classrooms. There are also weekly Live Webinars hosted by a renowned Internet marketing consultant.
You don’t get cookie-cutter company-themed, websites with your name on them, that are built for you and come pre-populated with ads you can’t remove geared to bring in new recruits. These often come with core training on how to promote a small selection of up-sell-infested company-tailored products. Often the training is limited to these products and enough instruction on basic marketing to get the job done. Empower Network is a prime example of this and is not recommended.
Other than campaigns with topics such as adult entertainment, any type of illegal activities, anything defamatory or unhealthy, hate or derogatory, you are free to build campaigns for anything you like, even those that that promote WA competitors. Your websites and campaigns are NOT exclusive to WA. You discuss and promote what you want on them.
Wealthy Affiliate is not a multi-level marketing-based business. You will not be required to bother family & friends with such solicitation.
To achieve anything, you are required to work. That this work can be quite hard is an understatement. As with any business venture, you should take this seriously and be ready to give it your all for the best results.
Wealthy Affiliate is not primarily a place you make money with. You learn how to build an online business that suits you and it’s these campaigns you make money with. Wealthy Affiliate provides the tools and support. You provide your own talents and creativity in how you build your business.
However, Wealthy Affiliate does have an affiliate program which serves two purposes.
- You can make money with WA in this way by participating in the affiliate program.
- You will get valuable hands-on experience building a WA campaign, using concepts that you can use over and over again in other campaigns!
Starter Membership This is the try-before-you buy level. It is one of two possible levels here at Wealthy Affiliate. There is no cost to join at this level, so nothing to lose! You have everything to gain at this level starting out because it’s literally far more powerful than you get in just about any other PAID program out there! This is due to the constant evolution the Platform has been through!
However, the Starter Membership is intended to be the showcase of the Wealthy Affiliate Program and Platform. It has been demonstrated that one could stay on this and eventually make money. However after seven days, some functionality ends, most notably write privileges and community interaction. You would still be able to view countless tutorials and blogs, but you would not be able to interact with them. You would still have your two websites, freely hosted, but you would not be able to host purchased domains. Other functionality is also effected as well.
If, for some reason, you don’t think Wealthy Affiliate is for you, simply stop using it. There is no need to cancel because you are not charged anything, however, some folks request this and it is granted.
Wealthy Affiliate is known for its “Open Education Project (OEP)” Look at it as you would an Open House where you go to view houses with the possible intent to purchase.
Premium This comes in two flavours:
- Monthly Subscription: $47. First month discounted to $19 for those who join the Premium Membership within 7 days of joining the Starter Membership!
- Yearly Subscription: $359. Equates to a savings of $205 knocked off the total yearly balance otherwise done by monthly payments! Averages out to $29/month, which is the original 2005 pricing!
Overview At A Glance & Bonuses!
Owners: Kyle & Carson, Founders
Price: Starter: $0; Premium: $47/mo; $359/yr
Rating: Has a 4.8% rating, but I personally give it a full five stars!
How to Claim Your Bonuses:
If you like what you see and decide to join as a PREMIUM Member, you will receive the following bonuses IF you join within 7 Days of your initial sign-up date.
- $59% Discount on Your First Month (Your First Month for $19!)
- Access to the Diamond Traffic Bonus
- Access to My Tutorial, “How to Be Successful!”
This is not automatic and I may forget! If I do, just ask and I will get it to you. 🙂
This is my way of providing incentive for the action takers out there! You MUST sign up as a Premium Member within 7 Days. More information upon sign-up. Remember that there are NO strings attached with your Free Membership, so I encourage you to join the Starter Membership. Stay in as long as you like, however the bonuses are an incentive for you to see what the Premium Membership is like and I cordially invite you to give it a try once you’ve experienced the Starter Membership.
Joining Is Easy! Just Click the Image Below for the Starter Membership!
If you have any questions about any aspect of this review or of Wealthy Affiliate itself, please don’t hesitate to leave a post below, or you can simply head over to my Profile Page at Wealthy Affiliate and leave them there!