Affilorama is a legitimate affiliate marketing training platform that has been around awhile. The platform has improved over time and remains one of the top picks in the industry. In this review, I will compare this affiliate marketing training platform with Wealthy Affiliate in a side-by-side comparison review which has a two-fold objective – to show what’s inside these top picks and how they compare in this first of upcoming “What’s The Difference Between” series of reviews.
About AFFILORAMA and Wealthy Affiliate
Histories of These Two Platforms
The history tells a lot about development and progress. Affilorama and Wealthy Affiliate are of no exception. Here are their brief histories that you may get an idea of the impact these platforms have had through time.
History of Affilorama
Platform with four featured affiliate programs, guitar course (Jamorama,) Spanish language course, dog training and relationship help guide. The platform appears to have been an affiliate program repository something like Clickbank. There were no courses, training or services available other than search functions. It appears in 2006 or possibly just before, Affilorama teamed up with SEOKing.net, making SEO training available to its members via an archive of articles on its pages. SEOKing went defunct in the latter part of 2006 from which it never recovered. In March Mark Ling offered a six-part ecourse on affiliate marketing. Ironically, part of the course had music lessons! On July17, 2006, Mark went from producing newsletters to putting out content on a blog, thus the blog section of the website came into being.
On November 2, 2007, Mark Ling closed the doors, apparently to revamp the website and make significant changes to it. However, the blog remained open and continued throughout the closure. On October 31, two days shy of a full year, Affilorama opened its doors once again, with a brand new website, fitted with an all-new training platform complete with lessons, a forum, tools and a forum. There were free and premium memberships available, obviously the free coming with less functionality and features.
On July 6, 2011, Affilorama 3.0 rolled out with a completely new platform and featuring the introduction of three new products, Affilorama Premium with a 30-day trial for a buck, then $67 thereafter, AffiloBlueprint for $197 and AffiloJetpack, offered as upsells on the site. The sales copy was on the hypish side and packed with perceived values, plenty of bonuses with their perceived values and not one Jetpack, but five. The perceived value for the AffiloJetpack + bonuses come to $5864 + $1294 for the bonuses. This racks up to the main product x 5 plus the two bonuses at a grant perceived value of $30,614. Each Jetpack is good for one website. The final pricepoint for this product? $497.
In time, the sales copy was taken down and the inflated perceived values with it. In May 2013, the platform was overhauled again and the Affilorama Premium product was replaced with AffiloTools. In November 2014, the appearance of the platform had some minor alterations done to it though very little in the way of improvements have been done. Since then, the site appears to have gone stale.
History of Wealthy Affiliate
Because Wealthy Affiliate is, and has been my top recommendation, its history is on a post dedicated to this. Like the above, the major advances in the life of Wealthy Affiliate, since its founding shall be found here. The page will oven in a new window.
What I Like & Dislike About AFFILORAMA
I am a member of both of these platforms however, I am far more familiar with Wealthy Affiliate history than I am of Affilorama’s. I have become a member of Affilorama for the purpose of getting inside to properly review it. For each segment I will include my likes and dislikes within each.
I Like What I Saw in Affilorama History Because…
- There is no question about it. Mark Ling came on the scene in 2005 with all intent of putting out an honest, ethical online existence. In my research within Affilorama’s history, I have seen this throughout.
- Like any true netpreneur, Mark Ling has shown his true colours by changing, updating and tweaking the Affilorama Platform, which is a strong attribute of a successful entrepreneur on or off the World Wide Web. It is far more than I can say of the vast majority of affiliate marketing training platforms and courses out there.
- For what you get, you get more than a fair value in the products and services within the the subscription. These surpass most others out there by far.
- History has shown that Mark Ling has always made simplicity and understandability a high priority in everything he puts out.
- On the entire scheme of the online world, Affilorama is one of the best choices out there!
I Do Not Like What I Saw in Afilorama History Because…
- I have run into several instances of highly-inflated perceived values and outright hype in earlier sales copy. A small example of this can be seen on the right.
- There are at least two items (promotion of backlinking and PLR content) in the otherwise excellent training that I have found to be dated today. It is one thing to find these two items present in pre-2007 training, but that both of these still persist to this day. More said on these items in a later segment.
- In spite of the once aggressive push to update the platform, it appears that, since 2012, Affilorama tapered off on this and has gone stale. Whilst most of what is taught is timely (so far) it seems improbable that the products and the platform itself could have ever achieved perfection.
- On par with the previous observation, a report indicates that Affilorama is not top priority because Mark Ling has gone on to bigger and better things, thus the site seems to be in limbo and has seen some neglect.
What I Like & Dislike About Wealthy Affiliate
There is no doubt in my mind that Wealthy Affiliate has no rivals and has been such for years, even back to its beginning. Kyle and Carson has gotten it right from the very inception!
I Like What I Saw in Wealthy Affiliate History Because…
- Kyle and Carson has always demonstrated a pay-it-forward philosophy. This is readily apparent in their actions, products and teaching. This is an extremely rare attribute in the business world and those who portray this attribute almost always become highly successful! The earliest expressions of these two outstanding men was the need for someone to “lay it all out on the table” because nobody else was doing it. This has never changed.
- Updating and entire overhauls of the system has, not only been top priority through the years, but has accelerated profoundly and is almost a daily routine. Admittedly, the earlier platform has had its share of members getting lost and not knowing what to do next, all of these issues have been quelled.
- Massive throngs of folks enter into Wealthy Affiliate daily and this being due to the impressive lineup of services available and an extremely low price. The value found at Wealthy Affiliate towers over the pricepoints!
- The Wealthy Affiliate Platform, the community and everything in between are top priority. This accounts for the acceleration we see at Wealthy Affiliate, as well as the observations of many instances with tools and services far advancing beyond top providers offering the same. Wealthy Affiliate indeed has no rival!
- No blackhat marketing attempts, foul language and other no-nos are tolerated on this conservative site. This is in constant check by the owners and the vast membership. Wealthy Affiliate is truly a family-friendly place!
I Don’t Like What I Saw in Wealthy Affiliate History Because…
Wealthy Affiliate has indeed suffered issues over time but I can honestly see no faults beyond growing pains in the Platform. This is not to say that it doesn’t have any faults because it does. If Wealthy Affiliate was indeed the utopia of affiliate marketing training platforms, Kyle and Carson would find no need to continue to update and rebuild. Of the minor things I have consistently seen over time, it would be these…
Old, dated content does not get purged. However, the content is so massive on the Platform that the old stuff literally gets lost in time! Once in a while, things do come up in the Platform’s onboard search engine that really shouldn’t be there. The important thing is, the current training and posts are up-to-date. Items such as PLR content, article spinners and backlinking have been left behind.
Both of these affiliate marketing training online platforms are amongst the best that can be found. There are others besides and I will be touching upon them in future reviews. Each of these will be compared with my top recommentation, Wealthy Affiliate. There is no doubt that both can result in highly effective businesses for folks looking to them for the necessary training and support. In these special reviews, I invite you to visit each and join the Starter Memberships. This way you, can form your own assessments on each. They’re both awesome and effective. One might be more for you than the other in spite of my recommendations.
Here is an overall grid of comparison between Affilorama and Wealthy Affiliate for your consideration. I hope you have enjoyed this presentation and is but a part of a larger series on these two great platforms! Thanks for reading.